«

»

May 01

Claritystamp Challenge – May 2017 – In the Air

Hello Everyone, thanks for stopping by today.

Well I don’t know about you, to me this year seems to be flying past and I can’t believe it’s 1st May today! That means a new Claritystamp challenge, and this month’s theme is In the Air.

Many of you will know that I’m in the process of moving house. Well actually I have moved, only the new property is not ready, so am staying with my parents whilst we and the many other contractors involved, work on it. My sample this month is rather heartfelt as it would have been lovely to bring my old place with me, very much in a homage to the film UP! here it is:-

Up in the Air 1

I started with a square of card and one of the  Quirky Cottages, and masked it using one of Clarity’s masks.

Up in the Air 2

Using the party balloon stamp (this is one of Clarity’s older stamps) make a number of masks from Post-It Notes. Then start to stamp your balloon around the house, masking the balloons as you go. To stamp just the balloon and not the string that’s attached to it, I used small pieces of Post-It Notes to mask them off whilst inking the stamp – remember to remove them before stamping the image. Continue until you have the right number of balloons above the house. (You may find it easier to make a practice piece before hand so you know where to place the balloons)

Up in the Air 3

With the masks still in place, create a hill mask from copy paper and add the landscape. I used Distress Ink Peeled Paint for the hills and lightly brushed Salty Ocean for the sky. At this point I drew in the string lines with a pencil.

Up in the Air 4

I used one of the Wee Trees to create the hedges and coloured the balloons using polychromos pencils.

Up in the Air 6

I felt the image was too flat and decided to restamp the balloons, colour and cut them out.

Up in the Air 7

These were then layered over the existing balloon images with thread wrapped around them. The thread was then taken to the back of the card by piercing various parts of the roof. The quirky cottage was also restamped, coloured and then layered onto the card. Both the balloons and cottage were adhered using foam strip.

Up in the Air 8

Wink of Stella was added to each of the balloons and I’ve tried to capture the lovely sparkle you get –

Up in the Air 9

The flock of birds from the Harbour stamp set were added using three generations of ink, and the card edged with a black Sharpie pen before being added to a card base.

Here’s the finished sample again.

Up in the Air 1

I hope we’ve given you some inspiration for this month’s challenge and would love to see your entries on either Clarity Worldwide Facebook group for stamps and stencils and Groovi Worldwide Facebook group for parchment work. Remember you could win a £50 Clarity gift voucher to spend on anything at Claritystamp.com.

Ingredients

Stamps:- Quirky Cottages, Party Balloons, Harbour Stamp set, Wee Trees
Other:- Versafine – Onyx Black; Distress Ink Peeled Paint, Salted Ocean;  Wink of Stella; Post-it Notes; Polychromos pencils; Sharpie pen – Black
 

 

8 comments

Skip to comment form

  1. Gayle Chaffey

    Another inspiring card, as always.

    1. Angela Simpson

      Thank you Gayle.

  2. Lucinda

    This is so cute Angela. I noticed the quirky cottage stamps on the website the other day, hadn’t seen them before. But didn’t think of using them like this! Hope all’s going well with the house and you’ll be in soon. Lucinda x

    1. Angela Simpson

      Thanks Lucinda. They are lovely stamps to work with. x

  3. Janice stone

    Oh I love it . Thanks for the instruction . Jan

    1. Angela Simpson

      Thank you Jan

  4. Sue

    I love your card. I think making the balloons 3D makes the card really pop. I would never of thought of doing this with the quirky cottage. Good luck with your DIY. Sue

    1. Angela Simpson

      Thank you Sue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>